Sunday, January 30, 2011

Victory/Redemption

Upon my last post, I have really been focusing on the current state of my pride. It is, for the first time, diminishing. That has been my focus over the last week, and God has redeemed it. Once it happened, I starting praying and focusing on the next thing to fix in my life and my character. Thank goodness for the voices in my life, because they really directed me towards not doing that. Harrison encouraged me to take victory over it, and Andy explained that I can't "Go looking for demons". I learned that I really didn't want my pride to leave, because I felt it was my direct connection with needing God's redemption in my life. I didn't really want to give it up, and that's why it lingered, along with me trying to redeem it myself. Right now, I feel as humble as I have ever been, and that's just the beginning. Where humility begins is also where accepting God's hand in my life does. I know pride will come back and disguise itself, but I need to look at as a thorn, not a connection to needing God. I need God, I don't need my faults to be emphasized to need Him. I just do.

On another note, I had my birthday party last Saturday. It was amazing. Almost all of my friends made it, and it was just such a blessing to have everyone here. Really appreciate them. My house was pretty much packed, we debuted our new beer, ate dinner, cake, played games, and just enjoyed each other.
Here is my living room during it:
I also spent my first afternoon last Monday at Valencia Community College passing out popsicles and answering questions about Wesley if people asked. Sarah ended up having two deep conversations with students, and one ended up coming to Wesley the next day. It was no ordinary Tuesday, as we spend the whole time in prayer for each other. So powerful, and an example of simply following the Spirit to meet the needs of the people there. We ended up getting kicked off of campus because we didn't ask permission or become a Registered Student Organization at VCC yet, and I didn't mind. Sorta rebelish. God is going to a lot there, and we know that.

Yesterday I went to Universal/IOA with Aubrey, Sarah H.,Bobby, Dave, Kyle D., Kate Walter, Kate Allen and Chris Clubbs. It was honestly the best day I have ever had there. Saying a lot, since I have been a handful of times recently. The value of having friends, old and new, impact your life the way they have mine is quite the blessing, and I truly need it.

Here is a picture of us at Bubba Gump's after a long day of playing, sans Kyle:


2 comments:

  1. Jack!
    this was great. I didn't realized you blogged but I will certainly be back to read more. Thank you for sharing <

    AnaYelsi

    ReplyDelete