Friday, January 21, 2011

Randomness/Humilty

Humility is always on my mind. It has been for the last 2 years, since God revealed it to me as a major issue in my life. I frequently catch myself with an underlying motivation to be seen as someone who gives good advice, is Godly, is a great friend, etc, for the wrong reasons. I want to be elevated among my peers and among my mentors, and that is not good. I have been "working" on this for the last 2 years or so. It is only now that I have seen a vast, incredible improvement in this area. Not because I have "worked" on it, but because God has redeemed it. I think I have become a better brother, son, friend, and follower of Jesus, because I follow Jesus so much closer. God has shown me that walking with Him naturally humbles me, and that is why my pride is diminishing. I see what God is doing; I know God better, by walking closer to Him. Not because I improved for Him, but because I am following Him. It is so humbling to know that God does not want me to try and be better, He wants me to be faithful. Everything else will follow suit. Sometimes this seems elementary, but I just can't afford to forget it or diminish the value of this happening in my life right now.

Also, me and some friends, Brandon, Shannon, Jordan, Alyssa, and Nathan, and Aubrey's friend Ben, went to Aubrey's grandparents condo in New Smyrna this Sunday-Monday since they had it off of school. We got to Publix and got food for dinner and dessert--salmon, mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli, bread, and stuff to make banana pudding--and dinner was so good. Pretty much the best meal I have ever had cooked by college students. We went to the jacuzzi, watched "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" and "Monsters, Inc.", went to Breakers, and walked on the beach. It was such a random 24-hr vacation and I was very appreciative of it, and I had so much fun with them.

God is just letting me enjoy my time here, I feel. This was another episode of that. I am so thankful that He wants me to remember this time, and He is giving me so much reason to.

View from the balcony--14th story up


Some of us pigging out on Banana Pudding. We had to eat it before we left. There was sooo much.


Also, I am 23 now. Yay! I was really happy to have dinner with my parents tonight. I just love going home and seeing them. I am also excited to have a party tomorrow night. So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment