Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This is Big

I have finally moved to Atlanta into my apartment with Harrison, so the past few days have been really hectic. Between unpacking, shopping for apartment stuff, setting up our utilities, more shopping, setting up my room, and getting use to being here, it's all been quite overwhelming and quite different for me. I have lived in Orlando my whole life, so this is peculiar and unusual.

My last few weeks in Orlando were great. Hanging out with my friends meant just a little bit more. I definitely used my friends as fuel to enthusiastically move on to my move from their support and love for me. They helped me pack, threw me a party, and really showed me how much they care for me. I am starting to miss my friends back home already, but I'm allowed to do that. It's part of moving, and part of affirming people's role in my life and importance to me. I look forward to keeping in touch and having long-distance friendships with the friends that God desires that from. I am eager to see how God works through long-distance. Most of my friendships, I know, will take a lot of effort, not only an endorsement from God.


So far I have seen my area of town, Decatur, pretty well for being here for only 3 days. We went to a pub called Twain's our first night and another, Brick Store last night. Both are in downtown Decatur and brew their own beer. I shopped underground at a Target, and saw Atlanta's Ikea while we picked up a few things there.


Mostly, I am excited to be following through with what I know God has set me out to do. I just know He has extraordinary plans for what I'm going to learn, see, do, and who I'm going to become. I'm taking this one day at a time, trying to see my next best right step, and to be faithful. Not as easy as it sounds, but worth it among all the change. Change is my focus word in scripture right now. I want to see how God has worked among it, caused it, used it.

Philippians 1:6

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."


Being here, doing this, is allowing God to continue His work in me. That is very grand, but I need to focus on my daily pursuit. I'm not content with having a vision of what God will do, but what He is and wants to do RIGHT NOW.

Here are my contacts that I would love for you to use:

 Skype: jaladd119

Address:

3131 N Druid Hills Rd Apt #3109
Decatur, GA 30033

No comments:

Post a Comment