Thursday, December 23, 2010

Essays?

For the past few days, I have been working on writing my autobiographical essay for seminary applications (Emory!), and it has been great. One thing that was pointed out during talks with pastor, Bill Barnes, was that I feel uncomfortable, and sometimes I am unable, to self-reflect. I feel like God wants to rid me of that very quickly. The "purple book", which is a workbook that I am going through with Harrison as a part of candidacy for ordination, requires much self-reflection, as does this essay. I need to be more willing to not only pick apart the things that are happening around me, but also the things that are happening to me, and how God is a part of them.

Also, I am home. I LOVE being here. I just love it. It is a stress reliever. I need this time with my all of my family. It has been so long for us to not be in the same room, same house. I saw Anne and Drew for the first time since they moved out west to Colorado (dirty rats), and I am so looking forward to this week here at home. Sarah and Devon are coming on Christmas Eve, and I miss them.

I have to write another essay describing the theological significance of a novel or movie...any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment