Saturday, November 5, 2011

Julie.

Now I will tell everyone about Julie!

Since I have left Orlando, Julie and I have been talking every day and getting closer. At first, that was bizarre because we weren't hanging out and dating, we got closer through the distance. One of the themes of our relationship, and a difficult one. I started to see how much I loved  talking to her, and invited her to come and visit with Sarah (Howell, not my sister) in September. That was great because we learned that we loved spending time with another on top of talking to each other and thinking about each other. We had a great weekend! We continued to communicate well and be honest and open about what was going on between us. We missed each other, struggled with the distance, and just wanted to see each other again. I went home about a month later, and even though I was spread pretty thin, we got to spend time together and that was just great. She came up to visit by herself last weekend, which totally meant a lot to me. She does not typically do things like that, so I knew it was big for her and it makes me feel great that she did that. We had a fantastic weekend, it was so perfect. Now, I am headed back to Florida next weekend to visit my sister Sarah in Gainesville and she is coming! Then when I am done with the semester, we will really spend some consistent time with one another and that excites me more than anything! I am looking forward to that and not having our time together be short and sporadic. 

We know that it is a big deal to try to make a long distance relationship work, we are not naive to that. We struggle. It is very hard, but we know it's worth it. She is one of my biggest supporters, which is not easy since she misses me so much. She helps me balance out my stress of school, and always lifts up my spirits just by being there for me to talk to, miss, and think about. I turn to God for encouragement and preparation and that is fed by Julie's encouragement. She vitalizes my faith as we pursue our relationship, care for one another, and are hopeful and excited for the future. 





No comments:

Post a Comment