Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I look forward to...

Today, I had my first one-on-one meeting with my District Superintendent Wayne Wiatt, with whom I will be working very closely with in the Candidacy process and along my journey of pursuing what God wants for me. I really liked two of the questions he asked me:

-What is your biggest anticipation?

-What is your biggest anxiety, fear, or worry?


These seam very simple, and they are. But they did require some deep, instant reflection on my part. That's why I liked them. They were thought provoking, but one of those "tell me what comes to your mind" sort of queries.

To the first question, I answered that God would show me unsearchable things. My journey will be one of experience, not knowledge or works. My biggest excitement is to see what God does. It is so awe-striking that God would use me to advance His kingdom, so that is why I am so excited about that. I am going to get to see what God does, and be used.

The second one was tougher to answer. It was very personal. My biggest worry and fear is that I will fail and miss out what God has for me. God will not miss his opportunities if I falter, but He wants to use me so that I can be changed and be a part of what He does. He desires that for everyone. My fear is that I will make mistakes that hinder my experience and my relationship with Him. I am not afraid of failure, but missing out on what God has for me.

In other news, I also got to spend the afternoon with my dad and brother, and that was so great. We went to a Braves game, and it was nice to spend time with them, it feels like it had been so long.

I meant to take pictures, whoops. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment